The Importance Of Finding A Strong Enough Why (A Critical Concept For Any Home Business Entrepreneur To Understand)

98 Flares Filament.io 98 Flares ×

The other day I saw a video which totally changed my perspective on things.

Then, while speaking at a seminar this past Saturday, I shared the concept I had just learned with the people who were attending (and they LOVED it!)

Now, I want to share this very important example with you!

Feel free to leave a comment if you found this helpful and feel free to share it with your friends/business associates.

Share Button

About Devon Brown

From over $40,000 in debt (and bankrupt at age 23, to now doing over $1-Milion in sales per year, Devon Brown (creator of RenegadeSuccess.com) enjoys teaching internet home business entrepreneurs the short-cuts he wishes he knew about when he first started. For free video advice that makes learning internet marketing FUN & SIMPLE, be sure to follow Devon on Facebook

Grab Your VIDEO FREE GIFT Now & Discover The
5 "NO B.S. Secrets Of $100,000 Home Business Entrepreneurs

80 Comments
  1. Devon, this is an amazing and awesome video.

You could not have put it any better.

I love this. This is the key to everything.

I am curious, what is your why?

The truth for me is that I am still formulating my why.

Hugs,

Iyabo

2. 9:46 am on October 19, 2009

Hi Devon,

My computer was down for two days and I thought I will go crazy….. amazing how you get so attach to a machine.

You are so right about the “find your why” I am on a turtle pace of getting to my goal in computer since I am a newbie, but I will not quit like I did in the past. I am learning and getting there, if this is one solution that will help me move forward securely. And yes I have that “why” a big one that keeps me motivated. as usual great incentive…great job Devon

3. 10:00 am on October 19, 2009

Yo Devon,

You got it- people ALWAYS need to find their “WHY” in doing whatever it is their doing!
    It powers your commitment, it helps keep integrity and your word in place.
    If you don’t have a strong why, you’ll change directions easily OR have no direction, you just get blown like a leaf in the wind from one opportunity to the next, yet no success in anything.
    I learned this long ago doing MLM stuff (the best training to learn to be consistent in order to win)

Thanks for the reminder.

Powerpaul

4. 10:16 am on October 19, 2009

Thanks for that analogy, and it does hit home. Keep it coming with more good examples rather it be from you or another. Cool stuff.

5. 10:30 am on October 19, 2009

This is a good analogy. I used a similar one a few years back in a speech. In mine it was a chasm and on one side was the money and to get there you would have to traverse a rope.

I got about the same results you did and all would scramble across that wide distance for a loved one. Not all for larger and larger amounts of money.

I like the building one though dog. And your girl sounds hella (west coast lingo) cute in the back ground.

6. Excellent, Excellent Video Devon,
    Your message on finding your “why”
    was straight to the point, and very
    insightful.

Thank for all you do in helping people
    succeed online.

Ricardo

7. 10:44 am on October 19, 2009

Great video Devon even though it wasn’t your concept lol I’m just kidding but for real, the way you explained it was really good and easy to understand. Nice stuff.

Saqib

8. This is probably the best example of explaining your why that I have seen!!! Awesome job Devon! I saw you at the WIS and appreciate all the good stuff you continue to give us! I finally signed up for twitter and will practice by tweeting this! Thanks! Barbara

9. Devon
    Nice job on the video
    have a great day
    Brett

10. 6:02 pm on October 19, 2009

Devon that was a very needed video. It inspired me to really look at what am I doing this for? I tweeted this to my followers and I’m sure they will get something from it as well as I did. Keep up the great work and I’ll see you at the TOP!!! GOD bless you.

11. When put like that, I would do anything for my child! That is a very strong why for me as a mother and a human. Thank you very much for sharing that.

12. Hey Devon,
    yes, it is extreme………but very true! When I realized my why was never money and allowed myself to be inspired by my true why, the changes in success level are awesome.

Cool

Darlene Tate

13. 9:02 pm on October 20, 2009

I also thought it was a true winner. I think it gave me what I really need to get motivated enough and to challenge myself to take whatever steps needed to move on in Internet Marketing. I really enjoy your videos. I understand where you’re coming from and what you’re trying to get across. Keep up the great work. I know I’m not alone in appreciating what you’re doing.

14. 7:23 am on December 1, 2009

Inspiring and thought provoking. Thanks for the inspiration…

t

15. 5:51 pm on December 1, 2009

Hey Devon,

Great analagy! Without the “WHY”, you won’t ever figure out the “HOW.” As you commented, the WHY has to be bigger than money or any monetary item. I believe we all are looking for LIFESTYLE! Where time and money are no longer the major concern!

Best Wishes,

Tomas

16. 9:04 am on January 4, 2010

Hi,

I’m going to use that… 🙂

17. Great Video Devon 🙂

Talk to you on our Ad swap day 😉

Johnny

18. 9:52 am on March 17, 2010

Hi Devon,

very inspiring video. I am always looking forward to watch your videos. Very good stuff.
    I am one of your subscribers and I appreciate your services and products.

Warmest Regards
    Lars

19. Awesome Video. You are definitely adding value. I have heard this before, but never with the kid of passion you describe it. Thanks…

20. hi Devon,

i really appreciate all ur support and encouragement,,being an academic, i have another video u might like to use as well, all about finding ur “WHY”

enjoy,, 🙂

besos from Mexico,

Kimberly

21. 6:28 pm on May 24, 2010

Hey devon,great video.
    I saw that very example from an email awhile ago too
    and YES! I guess we all have our why deep inside us.
    We just have to stay persistent and always think positive,
    cause that is what will make your WHY more apparent!
    Thanks bud.

22. Hi! DEVON! DID YOU READ MY EMAIL? I HOPPE YOU DID. THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS AND ADVICES I DID NOT HAVE TIME TO DO MY JOB TODAY I WAS MAKING A CLINING IN ALL THE EMAILS THAT WERE NOT GOOD FOR ME ANY MORE.
    A BIG HUG AND THANKS.
    Jeanilce Vianna

23. 12:51 pm on June 27, 2010

Hey Devon,

Thank you for this powerful video! I will be passing this on to everyone!

Thanx

24. 9:51 pm on August 6, 2010

Wow !! That is really Deep, For Me I can’t say What is my (Singular Why) Because I have Many !
    So I just Think Of All My Why’s which keeps me in hot pursuit of my dreams and goals….

Devon You Are Right On Point !!
    Thanks

25. 1:56 am on August 29, 2010

Yo Devon,
    I agree 100% with you say in this video. This is all true.
    It is good to remember those basics principles. It has help me a lot!

Thanks, j

26. 10:35 am on August 29, 2010

You’re on the right track but the child analogy wasn’t a fair question. What you’re looking for is satisfaction, meaningful contribution, recognition, making a difference, real change, making the world a better place to live, changing 1 person’s life every day is a good reason to get up in the morning.

The ones who like to help others the most are the poor and the wealthy and that is far different from the rich power-hungry selfish sob’s that keep the middle and poor classes from attaining anything better by stringing them along on a hamster wheel.

They make promises, never answer questions that starts with the word, WHY. There are only 1 group of people, the RICH who will do anything for money, whether they like it or hate it, they do it for money because they want to keep the power that money buys them.

Money is the reason people fail in business. It’s simply not enough to compete with WANT and FUN to do, the enjoyment of doing what you like is fun. You get really good at what you want to do and that’s even more fun. People look up to you, you’re the expert easily helping people because it’s second nature to you.

The reason why I do anything is same as it was growing up. Because I want to. Simple as that. It’s really difficult, almost impossible to keep doing anything you don’t want to do. It won’t last so cut to the chase and do whatever you want. Get brave and follow your talent into the ditch if you have to. Just keep following your own path and see where it leads.

Write the word SPOILED on your back because that’s what you’ll be called until people get used to the new you. Just agree you’ve turned over a new spoiled leaf and you like it like that and then smile big and call it a day.

27. Hi Devon,
    You took that concept and made it yours. The way you explain it, makes finding your “why” as clear as a bell.

Keep up the good work.

28. Great video Devon! You really made me think about it… My Why is so no one can ever put a thumb on me or my family again!

Thanks!

29. Hi Devon,
    This is the second tiime I am watching this video. This time I make sure I took good notes. I will make a drawing like yours and stick it up in my office. This is really motivating and it is somethnig good to look at when we lose our focus.

Devon I am delighted to be a life time member of your web copycat system. I am enjoyng and increasing my skills tremendously and your support and coaching is more than I expected.

Thanks again for all the life changing value and content your always provide.

Orlando

30. 10:03 am on October 18, 2010

Hey Devon, I hope today finds you and family in the best health possible. I just want to say that as with every video you put out this was great. I wish I would have had the pleasure to have you as a friend not for your knowledge (you seem to have a lot) but because you strike me as a very charismatic person. For me your videos are better than anything tv or movies have to offer. I have several systems purchased including yours but I still can’t get it which is neither here nor there. I just want to say keep it up I KNOW YOU ARE INSPIRING MANY PEOPLE. God bless you and yours.
    Richard
    PS I have not given up even though its been 4 months of trying and nothing but debt as a result. I will watch this over and over to keep me going, it’s great.

• 10:51 am on October 18, 2010

Hey Richard,
      Thank you for your kind words. Please keep an eye out for an email from Tera, my assistant. I would like to speak with you. To Your Success ~ Devon

31. Hi Devon,
    Great info on this the subject, I teach my team the same also.

32. Great example, Devon. Of course, the monies are a path, not the goal.
    Please contact me asap re: a critical virgin market and making your
    offerings even more powerful than they already are. Synergy right.

Dr. George

33. 3:48 pm on November 28, 2010

very cool Devon.. I love the analogy !! I’m sure it will hit home for many of the viewers without a doubt!

34. My WHY is to Prove to myself and others that I am a Valuable and Contributing member to their Wealth and Happiness.

35. 9:29 am on January 14, 2011

Thank you so much for that boost. It is something that needed to be said and is a great way for removing obstacles that stand in our way “WEIT” (what ever it takes). Cool!

36. I have heard this before, but never quite explained this way, so thank you very much…

Awesome content…

Frank

37. Thank you for this video, Devon. Very inspiring and thought-provoking! The illustration will stay in my mind because, interestingly, my children ARE my why.

38. 6:59 pm on January 20, 2011

Honestly Devon, I have many huge reasons why and
    that is my problem. I am in a state of desperation and
    this has got me twisted !!

I really can relate to your story and I am am
    finding it very difficult to focus on just one.

But I am so determined to succeed.

So My need to finding that singular why is very important….

This is probably not a good question, but I Need Some DEEP
    Pointers/Advice on this issue !! Thanks For This Video…

39. 4:25 am on January 28, 2011

Great video! I enjoy your approach. And thanks for sharing your success ideas with us!

40. man, that’s a revelation and words of wisdom .Thanks Devon

41. 1:04 pm on April 21, 2011

Hi Devon!

Good video. Although I’ve seen this analogy before (can’t recall from whom), it wasn’t so much the analogy that hit home with me as I have my “why” (7 kids and 16 grand kids I want to be able to help when they are in need). What hit home with me was the “WEIT”…whatever it takes. I don’t know why, but it was a light bulb moment for me…WHATEVER it takes!

My chasm has always been the traffic driving part of things…writing articles, especially. But, all of a sudden it just hit me like a bolt out of the blue- if I’m ever going to have any kind of success in making a living online I HAVE to do WHATEVER it takes to get there, even if I don’t like it!

I know, at my age I should have internalized that already, but I really hadn’t until now. So, I want to thank you for this video, and all the other tips and advice you give to us. You’re a true gem in this business!

Sue

42. Great VIDEO Devon, Thank you for sharing it

43. 3:31 am on June 3, 2011

Devon, this is the very first time I get a feel of what we call online marketing. How blessed I am having the opportunity to earn money on the internet. God really leads the way. and you are very instrumental. I hope many will be reached by you doing this wonderful work, giving hope to many. I just feel I have reach it but it will also depend on me and you assisting us.
    Please don’t be tired of us ,whenever we ask for help. I will get the next motivation you just sent. Keeping in touch.
    Felicitas(Fely)

44. 2:38 pm on June 16, 2011

Hey Devon,

Great way of explaining the why(?) in your video. Thanks, keep up the great work!

45. 10:03 pm on June 20, 2011

devon, i have to say thank you and the team for the assistance .

46. 10:29 pm on July 17, 2011

Devon, that was a very powerful inspirational video!! 🙂 I have never ever thought of it before. Thanks for the inspiration. 🙂

Michael M.

47. 7:30 am on August 24, 2011

Great reminder that nothing is given and that you have to work at it to get experience which has been and will always be the best teacher.

48. 6:19 pm on September 10, 2011

Thank You I enjoy this great Video and I will share this great Video again Thank You

49. very good and well put thank you.