Do You Suffer From “This Is It” Syndrome?

Do You Suffer From "This Is It" Syndrome?
21 Flares Filament.io 21 Flares ×

Ok, guys…

Today’s video is gonna hit home for SSSOOOO many of you! And I’m RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED to be sharing it with you!!

Honestly, I wish someone had beat this into my brain 10 years ago when I first started in the home business industry!

Anyways…after you’re finished watching

1. PLEASE leave a comment below and let me know your thoughts

2. PLEASE pass this on to any other home business entrepreneur you know
(facebook friends, twitter friends, etc…)

So….

Did you enjoy the video?

Could you relate to what I was talking about?

I certainly hope so 🙂

Remember…

1. PLEASE leave a comment below and let me know your thoughts

2. PLEASE pass this on to any other home business entrepreneurs you know
(facebook friends, twitter friends, etc…) using the “Sharing Is Sexy!” buttons below!

To YOUR Success
Devon Brown 🙂

P.S. CLICK HERE To Check Out The #1 Program Ever In The History Of The Internet!
Share Button

About Devon Brown

From over $40,000 in debt (and bankrupt at age 23, to now doing over $1-Milion in sales per year, Devon Brown (creator of RenegadeSuccess.com) enjoys teaching internet home business entrepreneurs the short-cuts he wishes he knew about when he first started. For free video advice that makes learning internet marketing FUN & SIMPLE, be sure to follow Devon on Facebook

Grab Your VIDEO FREE GIFT Now & Discover The
5 "NO B.S. Secrets Of $100,000 Home Business Entrepreneurs

56 Comments
  1. Soooo guilty. Typical me…..You just kicked my butt, but I needed one Thanks

2. Awesome.. Self-realization video.. I love it.

But who is the camera WOMAN.. let them in on the fun sometimes..

Again totally well done and.. great tool for driving more traffic to your site. Glad I am on your mailing list…

I am in Atlanta also

3. 1:35 pm on April 20, 2011

Thanks Devon. This hit home for me. I am a “THIS IS IT” junkie.

4. 1:41 pm on April 20, 2011

You are ssssoooo right. Good advice.

5. Hey Devon,

I have to comment on this video, and what it really says. Since I came online back in 2007ish time frame, I have met bazillions of people who are suckered into the next best thing. In fact, I became so awed by this behavior that i wrote a blog post entitled “Are You Swarming Upstream?” a couple of years ago.

The “one click away” from success mentality that I’ve observed is nothing other than not being able to obtain and maintain focus on who YOU are, what YOU are interested in, and what skills YOU can leverage to make money through your independent strategies.

Like all people new to the internet, I spent my share of cash chasing after the next best thing but, since giving that up, I’ve actually acquired the focus that I needed to get better success with the things that I can work and succeed with … but I’m not a bazillionaire yet. 🙂

I love your stuff. I actually smile every time I get one of your emails. You’re awesome, Devon. Keep up the good work and keep sending your TRULY valuable content to me.

Regards
    Marj Wyatt aka Virtually Marj

6. 2:39 pm on April 20, 2011

Devon

I loved this video, and you are right on… I bought your Web Copy Cat and did a little with it but never completed it, now I want to go back to it, but dont know where I left off… This is because we are bombarded with the next best thing, and you but 3-4 others and never complete anything, so as you say I AM THE ONE that has to get his head straight…. ? How do I find out where to pick up where I left off in Web Copy Cat.???

Also suggestion, some ofcv your audience are much older than you, Can you increase the size of the font so we can read it.??

7. My name Is Larry Davis and I watched your video twice to let it soak-in and everything you said is true. Almost everyone wants to blame the problem of not getting any traffic to the programs they purchase, because they want the program to work it self out and bring in the cold hard cash. But it does not work that way! Some people like me was waiting on the next best thing and that is everything should be working on autopilot so I do not have to take action of doing it myself. I guess you can call that been ff….ing lazy I guess! The dam problem is we get to excited are Caught-Up about a certain program and if we don’t do any research and take action to try to make it work, we will never know if we can make any money with it or not. We all start out as babies, we have to crawl before we can walk, once we know how to walk everything else will fall in place. One thing for dam sure is that when I see a program that I get excited about “Now” I will set back in my chair and think for about and hour on how am I going to research this in order for it to benefit me. We use to have nothing but our Brain and Heart to rely on! But the computer world has programed about 35% of our brain to rely on it to control our unnatural behavior. “Thank you” for the straight talk! You have a very good out look on life and made a very good point.

8. So true, if your not willing to take the initiative and work it then nothing is ever going to be it. Keep the great stuff coming Devon, hope to see you in DC in June for JV Alert Live.

9. Good video with lot of contents to learn

10. 4:29 pm on April 20, 2011

You got me too. I buy courses all the time and then put a fraction of it into play….. The real source of wealth is me and not the secret techniques that I have learned from others.

How did you get so smart? Must be something in the water..

11. Oh my man, “This IS F”en IT!”
    Could not have said it better! It’s too damn easy to blame the “system” for not working than to
    blame yourself for not working the “system”! This is it! This is the program that will finally launch
    my business into the stratosphere!

Great post and video my friend. This is it. Just listen to what you have to say and you will make
    great strides in the IM industry.

12. Devon great video! I still believe that everyone needs a system to succeed but the success relys on the individual to work the system!

13. 6:10 pm on April 20, 2011

This is very true and its because of the untruths that are spoken within the HIPE part of all online businesses. Hopefully I will follow your lead and make it work!

14. Awesome stuff, as usual Devon!

Long gone are the days that you could pick a single “final home” , say “This is it!” and ignore other income streams.

You’re right, it’s all about keeping the power with US, and “acting” instead of being “acting upon”.

Keep the faith!

Doc Seth
    ~husband, dad, full-time ‘Elevator’~

15. Hi Devon,

I can absolutely relate to this video – I am one of the guilty ones who purchased the latest and greatest launch and after the product did not work, I got a refund.

I see now that it was not all these systems that were flawed (although some were), but it as me.

Now that I am more experienced in the whole internet marketing thing, I KNOW that it is up to me to take ACTION and just stick with the one product until I see results.

Thank you for taking the time to make this great video.

P.S. You must have a closet full of white T-shirts 🙂

16. 9:25 pm on April 20, 2011

AWESOME Video, Devon You Caught me in the middle of Buying the “Next Greatest Thing”.

Well Said.

Merle

17. 5:04 am on April 21, 2011

OMG I have a computer full of This Is Its!!!!!! You know me so well. Thanks for the AH HA moment. You said it so well. Thank you!!!!!!!

18. 5:04 am on April 21, 2011

Awesome…thank you

19. 6:00 am on April 21, 2011

That’s It!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m done saying “This is it”.

Truthfully, for me it’s probably advice worth any $1,997.00 “This Is It” program.

But that term, “This Is It” would probably be a good product name.

Maybe even “You Are It” or “I Am It” or maybe not, not it, what’ It, anyway….

20. 6:45 am on April 21, 2011

Been there, done that. We can all laugh and cry together in our common humanity while we learn to rise above it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Learn from your mistakes and go on. Thanks for sharing these painful truths while showing us how to market.

21. 7:54 am on April 21, 2011

OMG Once again, Hey Devon, sometimes I think you have ESP or something !!

Your words of wisdom are really starting to make me change my thinking and
    my marketing !!

I’m finally starting to get it !! (:-)

Thanks !!!

22. Devon, I am unsubscribing from your list! When I subscribed, I did not give you permission to call me out like that! I said this is it on all 9 million products that I bought. Talk about being guilty! Haha! If you hadn’t confronted me with this video today I probably would have said this is it on whatever program rang my bell today! For real though man. Your daily videos is it! There I said it for the last time. This is it! I love you brother & hope to see you soon.

PS. I was Joking about unsubscribing because this is really it!

Floyd,

23. Hi Devon,

Great video as usual!!!

You’ve hit the nail on the head with this one, (which seems to be a habit of yours as you
    always do) it has to be said that the “This Is It” mentality is perpetuated by all the hype used in each of these “Programs” promotions so not surprising that most newcomers to Internet marketing get swept away with it.

Not helped by the ones that state “Our System will do all the work for you so you don’t have to lift a finger” rubbish that seems to train our brains into thinking that that’s how this Internet marketing thing is supposed to work.

So good advise in making us realize that work really Is require and the need to pause and think whether or not we can actually make a system “work for us” before going for it and that it’s not going to be the be all and end all but just another income opportunity to add to our own “Systems” to drive our businesses to higher profitability.

Keep these great vids coming

Regards
    David.

24. LMAO at this video. Dude you killed it in this video man! I’m sure many of us have heard of the “this is it” quote on a regular basis. Man nearly everything about that famous quote is messed up. For starters it is completely the wrong way of advertising/marketing!

It is about working the system so to speak, and not letting the system work you..

Anyways keep rocking brother and I wish you more success in business and life. 🙂

Kind regards
    Saqib Khan

P.S Is Lolo Jones “it?” 😉 lol

25. Devon –
    Your comments are – as usual – GANSTA BANANAS! – “Big Daddy”

26. You are wise beyond your years, my friend. I just posted your video on my blog; you have such a great way of saying what I’ve been TRYING to say (and ALMOST succeeding) for years! See

27. 11:50 pm on April 21, 2011

Devon:

Great video! I must confess I’m one of this T.I.I. guys!

Anyway, I have a question that is eating me, I hope you can answer it.
    What is the truth about those guys who sell links to your site? Do they really work?
    I have seen a couple of videos of some other “gurus” who claim these kind of backlinks don’t work, that you might be banned from google, yada, yada yada yada.

I have a brand new site, and I would like to get it on the top 10 places at google.

Thanks

28. Hey Devon —

You need to make buttons, t-shrts, posters, special mirrors — anything and everything that wil make sure that everyone gets this message every day. (Of course, there are those who will listen and then there are the many others who will set out to prove you wrong….human nature being what it is…)

As always, I love and appreciate your honesty and authenticity and your commitment to speaking the TRUTH no matter what.

N. 🙂

29. Devon…you are absolutely completely totally correct in this video.
    The funny things is that most of us have heard this before or even
    subconscioulsy realize it but still can not stop doing it. Why?

Here’s the recipe for not falling into the trap:

I model after the Ice Cream Diet because NO Will Power :P…
    If i buy the ice cream, and I know is there in the frigde I’m going to eat it every night.
    So I refuse to stock it and therefore I don’t see it and I can not eat it. Problem solved!

Back to the WHY?
    Because we still subscribe to those lists and man do they know
    how to get you with their sales hypes and promises. Stop listening
    to another “This is It” if you can help it. I know is not easy but you can
    do it. I will do my best too but first I have to go buy another product that
    I just saw in my email…Dog one it, they got me again! ;-P

Good luck to all,
    TC

30. 3:24 pm on April 22, 2011

You make some real good points there. Nice.

31. 9:32 pm on April 22, 2011

Oh Man Devon – That was IT!
    Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Robert

32. 11:59 pm on April 22, 2011

Thanks Devon you are so right. I was just re-reading an seo course I bought to ensure I had understood it and implemented the steps correctly because what I had done was notworking.

33. Hats off to you, Devon. You have said with unmistakable clarity what I wanted to say. I admit when I saw the video, I was mortified – I was the “gentleman explaining the MLM program” I thought to myself “boy, I really screwed this one up” I have spoken before thousands, but I was never as terrified to speak before a “crowd” of about 15 of my peers. I thought that I really stunk up the Mellow Mushroom! So I decided to shoot a counter video.

But as I thought about it, and as I read the comments, I realize that a bigger purpose was being served here. Yes, what I had planned to say – and what may actually have been said were not the same (amazing how a video malfunction and a bit of nervousness can completely throw you off track). Truth is, I couldn’t agree with you more with almost everything you have said in your video, Devon.
    I am a successful network marketer. I realize why 97% of new network marketers fail – after running out of family and friends, and not knowing where to turn, hence they quit. They never learnt the true art of prospecting outside their circle. So I took the last two years to study internet marketing as it related to the network marketing industry. After looking past many of the “this is it” systems, I finally found a multi facet system designed to promote almost any business, product or service, which when combined with the core concept of adding value, building relationship and building your list, presents an effective tool to generate traffic, promote and grow your business and brand you as a leaders and teacher in the business. And no… “This is NOT it” It will not accomplish the result by itself. The complimentary ingredient is YOU, and the time and effort you put in. It’s just a “tool”, albeit a great tool, in my opinion.

My presentation was to introduce this FREE tool. But the universe designated you to be the spokesperson to tell it to the people who are hungry for it. Thanks Devon, you do awesome things. I’ll gladly share your THIS IS IT video.

34. Devon, I am not one of those you are talking about. I just started this internet thing. The day before this, I started Online Profit Masters and cancelled within minutes of going through your stuff. It took me three hours of dealing with those people to get my money back. So, I hope this is the program for me. I pretty much think like you in that I am ‘IT’ and it’s up to me to work it. Thanks for such making it easy. I do need a little help, though. Thanks again. Melody

35. 4:17 pm on March 7, 2012

Dude,
    when I read your intro text to this video, I FULLY expected to be leaving feedback about something along the lines of “you say the same thing all the time” or “aren’t you saying the same thing about webcopycat all the time”
    BUT
    I was a bit surprised.
    Okay, you DO have a point.
    However, if I may I’d like to make just two points…

RE: Web Copy Cat
    I tried it. When I first started in IM I bought into it and I would have stayed on the program only for 2 things:
    1. After the first month I didn’t get any sales and nobody joined my list. i understand that this was NOT the “system”s fault. I hadn’t learned yet how to market properly. BUT – by the time a month went by it became a bit too expensive for me to keep trying.I also had a concern about re-direction of web addresses and figured Google would slap me down over that. I hope you get where I am coming from there…
    2. When i said “however” I suppose I set this up to be negative, BUT not so…
    I recently have got to the mental state where i too think – this could help my overall strategy – and some “system”s do. But you gotta recognise what you want. I wanted something to help me get a few dollars into my account to keep the wolf from the door as I am broke and in financial trouble. I found a Fiverr System. It said it could help get some money flowing quickly if the person who applied it did so correctly. I had originally thought “Fiverr? Really?”
    BUT I put the theory into practice and with my own diligence have created a second income of approx $300 a month. Not a lot by anyone’s standard – but enough to help pay my bills and keep me online, learning, making contacts and keeping the opportunity there to keep making my online presence work.
    I am not here to push that system – I am not even going to mention who created it or anything – just that when I set my mind to it I found it worked.
    I have also set my mind to two other things that have potential but will take a longer time (my IM ‘Nuru’ blog is just a side hobby)
    SO! – yes you are correct – it’s not the particular system or method, but your willingness to adapt it to your needs and overall strategy.
    Devon, I truly appreciate all the vids you do and the points you make to help us – but I would love to get some more Q&A going with you on your blog!
    Anyway, I hope this comment survives! LOL
    Dave

36. 9:07 pm on March 7, 2012

Greetings Devon,

I have to say you are truly a breathe of fresh air! You are right on with what you say. I have
    been trying to get a business going for about 10 years now. Yes, you read that right! For
    10 years I have been saying that very same thing and it always turns out the very same way.
    Plus I am a procrastinator and have been for 10 years!
    I saw your website and said this time I am going to take action because I felt you were really
    being honest and because I like the way you teach. YOU ARE FUNNY at the same time you
    are honest and truthful.
    THIS TIME I finally decided I’m going to do something and right now I’m going to work on
    getting traffic to my website which you just set up for me!
    I just can’t tell you how happy I am I found you and I’m actually crying I’m so happy that I
    finally have a website and I can realize my dreams are no longer JUST dreams!
    YOU ARE THE MAN, Devon!! 😎 Thank You from the bottom of my heart!

37. awesome!!!

38. Hey Devon,
    I like the way you think.

Life has taught me to think.
    But thinking did not teach me how to live.

Keep up the good work.
    I believe in you.

NetSurfers

39. 5:07 pm on November 21, 2012

Great advice, Devon!!
    Kind of hit home about my first 3 wives. 😉
    Glad to know you are in my hometown – Atlanta.
    We may have to talk sometime.
    Keep ’em coming!

40. 9:13 am on November 22, 2012

Devon, this video was “it”. A very good point that needed to be said, because I am always looking for the “right” program, where I perhaps should be looking at me!!!

Thanks for pointing this out. This is another piece of the jigsaw.

41. 8:02 pm on November 27, 2012

much energy love it !!! keep it going

42. 4:01 am on December 5, 2012

Hi there Devon, thanks for the “Butt Kick” lol.

You are 100% correct of course. We have all been there.
    Will be passing this on, just hope it helps some people out.

Thanks again.

43. I plead the 5th..lol..Okay, Okay, IM GUUUUILTY!!! HAHA..Great Message! Once Again You Have Inspired Me, Thanks for not making me cry again..lol..YOUR AWESOME!

44. This is a wonderful program, I have dropped everything to focus on this one thing. Before your IT rant. Loved the dialogue bubble.
    After trying for 6 years, spending all the time and money, which was a school of sorts, I’m diving into this, thanks for the opp. sir

45. 9:54 am on December 26, 2012

Devon, you are right on the money. around 30 years ago, I started a MLM business, and I did each thing that I was told to do. I believed that I understood how “it” worked. Then I got lazy – My business evaporated in one month. I’ve kicked my own butt over that stupidity many times since. Allen

46. 5:09 pm on January 13, 2013

The very first time i listened to you i know you are different….. You talked candidly and are
    passionate with what you do Your X-RAY of personal attitudes is true of me. You see…..i procastinate and even thou i know it is detrimental to getting results, i have found that the
    “shinning object syndrome” aggravated it……….
    My conclusion was that getting your “done for you” system might help me to focus.
    With your “done for you system – it would truly be” OMG!this is IT” ……..Nah! – I will
    WORK THE SYSTEM. i am sure with your help i will get there.

Thank you for this frank attitudinal diagnosis

George.

47. 5:17 pm on January 25, 2013

Man…This is It…

is defiantly a syndrome for sure and I know because I’ve used it and then made the correlation to it in spite of myself. You nailed it Devon, dead on!I think also that the reason we end up thinking that way is most of the time it’s just lack of awareness of what’s out there. Obviously if we new of a system that had the benefits of the one we are “this is it”ing about, then it would be the real it, would it. (huh) Anyway I think you get it. most things aren’t worth this is itting about because like you say it’s really about us, the variable of the systems out there. The system is just what ever it is and that’s it.

I’m outa here…

Len

48. 5:31 pm on January 25, 2013

Thank you makes sense.

49. I think that 99.9% of not only business owners however everyone is guilty at some point in their life of this. Lets say counting your chickens before they hatch… However being excited leads to a similar state of confusion, but a passion breads creativity and success as focus takes over. Also when working in MLM’s and traditional business don’t try to re-invent the wheel. Duplication and automation are just that and the additional addenda as technology increases and at the end of the day always remember that the sun will come out tomorrow. Know that their is a means to an end and crawl/walk/run your way to success. Another great video Devon.
    Be Healthy
    Joe Trainor Jr.

50. 3:29 am on January 26, 2013

Dear Devon,
    Your video can convince a lifeless.
    Your Vladimir